I am proud to lead a department that provides essential services that positively affect the well-being of the residents and communities of Los Angeles County. Our critical services provide stability, safety and health to our constituents. We provide employment and business services, investigate elder and dependent adult abuse and provide services to seniors so they can age gracefully at home.
This was a very exciting and challenging year that provided opportunities to implement new programs and redesign and improve current services to help us more effectively serve our communities.
• The department strategically redesigned the county’s Employment and Training programs. The new design aligns services with high-growth industries and employers to ensure jobseekers have access to training and employment with career pathways and sustainable wages.
• We distributed more than 2.4 million fresh meals to older adults.
• We began efforts to establish mobility services in the unincorporated areas.
• Our Social Workers investigated over 40,000 elder and dependent adult abuse cases.
• We served more than 4,400 youth participants and helped over 5,000 residents access various career services, job-ready training, and other valuable opportunities to enhance career opportunities.
• Our Los Angeles County Youth Job Employment Program provided more than 12,000 youth with jobs that exposed them to the job market, possible career choices, and valuable lifelong lessons.
• Our Dispute Resolution Program provided mediation services to over 22,000 participants.
• Every year, our 14 Community and Senior Centers provide our residents access to valuable services and as such, we’ve made significant investments to remodel and upgrade several of our centers to help us better serve our residents.
We continue to strive for excellence in building and developing programs that support the well-being of our communities and our residents.